PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max - Stop and Go or Shorty $1 raise and go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max - Stop and Go or Shorty $1 raise and go

A bit confused where to post this (5NL cash), the question is we have $5 in bb and the $1 btn raises 5x...

We do see equity value on hand strength or effective stack 20bb vs 100bb? Or maybe not, so is this a leak bad play?

I listen in live training about "stop and go" but think that is tournament play rather than cash. Change it to "raise and go" from a cash shorty?

I think flop 2nd pair and back draws have equity - or I am making a big mistake. No reads what are you doing so short, a pro 1/2 stack player, no?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Fri Apr 25, 2014, 08:07 AM.

I don't see the point in calling the 5x open pre-flop. Against that size we won't be turning a profit, especially given that he is short, so there are absolutely no implied odds here either.

On the flop, we flop about as well as we can expect to, so if we were calling pre-flop then given how little he has left behind I guess we might as well just go with it.

It all just seems like spew though.

Any reason you keep switching stakes every day? Seen everything from 5NL to 50NL in the last week or so.

Comment

Villain is too short for you to play this hand. He's just put a quarter of his stack in the middle, so you have no implied odds, and probably no fold equity if you shove on him. (He snaps with all pairs and AJ+).
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

^^Agree with them, this is a fold preflop, and imo it's not even close.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.