PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50nl Deep - Yet another triple barrel spot :P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 50nl Deep - Yet another triple barrel spot :P

    Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2479683
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

    BB: $121.10 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 19, 3B: 0, AF: 5.0, Hands: 26
    UTG: $65.54 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 23, 3B: 6, AF: 2.3, Hands: 968
    CO: $107.14 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.2, Hands: 86
    BTN: $105.16 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 21, 3B: 7, AF: 2.0, Hands: 135
    Hero (SB): $125.80

    Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with A K
    UTG raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $7.05, 2 folds, BTN calls $5.55

    Flop: ($16.10) T 7 Q (2 players)
    Hero bets $10.08, BTN calls $10.08

    Turn: ($36.26) 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $18.00, BTN calls $18

    River: ($72.26) 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $90.62

    I don't BTNs range is that strong tbh, and since we block AK/KQ I think I have to go for it with this combo?

    Had some conflicting advice whether to shove river or not.

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    I think this is kind of similar to another hand you posted with respect to blockers. Sure, we block AQ-KQ. But that does not matter too much here I dont think. We block AT too.

    I would rather check-call river to be honest or check-fold. I think BTNs range is defined as opposed to weak. They have bluff-catchers which they arent going to fold often, and missed draws. They wont bet the former if we check, but they will bet the latter. So yeah I think check call beats shove here and I think check fold also beats shove.

    You have posted a few spots where you run a bluff and the only information we have is the line stats of the villain and what you think their range is given the board.

    Are they going to believe you, though? What is their tendency versus big river bets? You need to have a read in these spots at 50nl, one way or another. Something, anything.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why can we check call? Villain can be betting with top pair/QT?

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not playing 50nl deep but what's the reason for squeezing so big? When I see big squeezes it screams AK, AQ to me.

        IMO this spot is so easy to play against your squeezing range IP because you should have TT-JJ, AQ+. I can discount KK OTR and maybe AA as well. River bet is QQ, TT or bluffs. Also If I'm holding Qx here I think I snap this off depending on your tendencies.

        Also not sure how this villain can't be strong... There's no way that this villain has 77+?

        Originally posted by mike2198 View Post
        Why can we check call? Villain can be betting with top pair/QT?
        I think we can discount the villain from having QT. There's no way that this villain would call down with top 2 pair. AQ of spades and sets would make sense. I don't even think we can give them KJ because we have the K of spades. So the call OTT with KJ is pretty light. Also OTR I think the villain's thinnest value bet would be AQ of spades. All other Qx would check back.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dirt eh View Post

          I think we can discount the villain from having QT. There's no way that this villain would call down with top 2 pair. AQ of spades and sets would make sense. I don't even think we can give them KJ because we have the K of spades. So the call OTT with KJ is pretty light. Also OTR I think the villain's thinnest value bet would be AQ of spades. All other Qx would check back.
          That's kind of where i was at but i thought he would bet all AQ but i wanted to see what Gareth does with weaker Qx, i thought villain would call set and QT, is there any reason you think he raises QT and not sets?

          I agree with the straight draws being very light calls so he has to have clubs as well which bricked obviously so i was leaning to a check fold unless villain has 2nd pair and more draws he folds on the river.

          I think i understand why Gareth likes the x/c, if villain checks back all but AQ/sets but bets all his missed draws we can x/c a reasonable bet? But we block some backdoor clubs and im not exactly sure how wide this guys range is preflop or how wide he calls on the turn.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mike2198 View Post
            That's kind of where i was at but i thought he would bet all AQ but i wanted to see what Gareth does with weaker Qx, i thought villain would call set and QT, is there any reason you think he raises QT and not sets?

            I agree with the straight draws being very light calls so he has to have clubs as well which bricked obviously so i was leaning to a check fold unless villain has 2nd pair and more draws he folds on the river.

            I think i understand why Gareth likes the x/c, if villain checks back all but AQ/sets but bets all his missed draws we can x/c a reasonable bet? But we block some backdoor clubs and im not exactly sure how wide this guys range is preflop or how wide he calls on the turn.
            Originally posted by mike2198
            Hey Dirt i was just looking through an old hand of Birdays and you replied to a question of mine i thought i understood but i just realized that i dont and was wondering if you could help us out.

            So the board was Tc 7h Qd 3c 3h and Biday has As Kc

            So Birday squezzes pre and triple barrels this board and Gareth said he likes to x/c river and i asked why and you answered saying villain is unlikely to not raise QT by now and AQss and sets make sense as played.

            I don't understand why he would call AQss but not any other AQ combos are you saying he should be raising the other AQ combos on the flop or did you just mean villain will call AQ and hits the backdoor clubs and will only call a river jam with the AQcc combo and fold the rest?
            Mike, your inbox is full.

            What I said was "I think" QT would have raised turn. It's too vulnerable OTT. Sets will sometimes raise turn, sometimes they won't. Sets don't have to be as worried. If the board pairs our QT is counterfeit if the villain holds AA,KK. with a set if the board pairs, then this is good! Depends on birdayy's tendencies. and obviously AQ is just calling down ATW depending on river bet frequencies. I wouldn't be raising any AQ combos here IP vs. an aggressive villain on any street. The only Qx combo that "I" would be raising is QT OTT, but that's just me!

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh right ok cheers Dirt. Think i confused myself quite abit with this hand thanks for clearing that one up.umbup:

              Comment

              Working...
              X

              X Cookies Information

              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.