PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL RUSH, JJ OOP 3B Pot Turn Play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL RUSH, JJ OOP 3B Pot Turn Play

Hello everyone, I have no idea what the best way to play this hand would be. The ace OTT sucks. If I bet the turn, I'm basically turning my hand into a bluff? Please comment on what line you'd take. saw flop | saw showdown CO ($18.52) VPIP: 13, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 0.5, Hands: 23 Button ($10) SB ($26.16) Hero (BB) ($10) UTG ($5.84) MP ($14.76) Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J 2 folds, CO raises $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises $0.80, CO calls $0.60 Flop: ($1.85) 8, 8, 10 (2 players) Hero bets $0.95, CO calls $0.95 Turn: ($3.75) A (2 players) Hero bets $1.95, CO calls $1.95 River: ($7.65) 10 (2 players) Hero checks, CO bets $14.72 (All-In), Hero folds Total pot: $7.65 Results below:

CO didn't show[/spoiler]

I think I play it the same, if we check, its basically saying we don't have the Ace. If we check its probably a check fold. I prefer the line you took in the hand.

His line, to me, feels like a slowplayed monster hand. Either that or just a total bluff but I think more likely the first.

Comment

yeah I'd play it the same. Weird river line by the villain though.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Continuing on the turn probably becomes very thin. Ax is very likely for your range and most people put you on AK anyway so I think they are less likely to a) call the turn if you bet or b) bluff it if you check. I'm fine check/folding the turn for those reasons, betting is probably more of a means to protect us from being bluffed/bet off our hand.

As played I think check/folding river is good, even the nutflushdraw got there and we're blocking QJ.
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.