PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl zoom 6max, sigh folding a boat...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl zoom 6max, sigh folding a boat...

Villain is 14/13 through 109 hands. flop cbet 40% of 5 occasions. Bet turn each time also. I think the hand plays itself? I just think i'll always see AJ, AA, KJ suited whenever I call the river. From villains perspective what could I have called the flop with? Looks like he wants a J to call. His cbet stats, and rock tendencies made me sigh fold. Thoughts?
    Bracelet Winner

I think its a correct fold in the end.

The only value hands that I can ever see him turning up with here that we beat is AK and AQ. I don't think AT takes such a strong line here. I don't think QQ takes such a strong line either.

His line, his stats, his position in this hand all make me think he was either ahead at all points in the hand (JJ) or he turned or rivered us.

Comment

If he barrels AK/AQ you have to call the river.

Comment

Since it's multiway, I suppose flatting the flop is good, as you want to keep flush draws in the pot drawing dead, but there's also an argument for raising straight away, as the villain often has a jack or overpair when he comes out firing, and you can get value from that.
        As played, you're hardly ever good on the turn, let alone the river, so you made a nice fold.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah I mean I think it's worth taking the chance of bringing the player in the blinds along to the turn. Obviously trying to gii on most turns. Thanks guys felt it was an obvious fold just wanted opinions.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.