PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 10nl zoom should i fold the river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 10nl zoom should i fold the river

Villains unknown. Should i call the shove? hes only showing any action on the river i think AQ would of bet flop might have AT and obv KJ hits the river

Hi Ginger,

It seems like a pretty serious overplay of AT by the villain if that's what he holds. We should look very strong here, as we could have sometimes played QQ, AA, or KJ this way ourselves. So I think in the villains shoes 3b shoving AT is really bad since all hands that call that shove will be able to beat it, and we can hold all those hands. Of course, it's 10NL, and certainly there are a lot of randoms in 10NL that simply won't be ranging us and realize this, and will treat aces up like it's the holy nuts.

That being said, I agree with you that it seems like AT or KJ a lot. Combinantorically there are 9 ways he can hold AT and 16 ways to hold KJ, so based on that alone he's a 16-9 favorite to have us beat. And I would discount at least some of the AT combos for the reason above even vs. a random 10NL player, as I think many will just call with AT facing our large river raise, for fear of AQ/QQ/AA.

So yes, I think it's a groan and fold.
    Last edited by TheLangolier; Fri Apr 18, 2014, 05:38 PM.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey Langolier thanks again defiantly should of folded.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.