PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL ZOOM - Playing Aces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL ZOOM - Playing Aces

I don't post on here often in fact hardly ever but one hand is starting to cost me a lot of money! Every time I get Aces they get cracked by smaller pairs / suited connectors or Hands that should have been folded out by my Pre Flop raise. Should I have played this hand differently or am I just suffering variance?
    Last edited by TheLangolier; Fri Apr 18, 2014, 05:46 PM. Reason: adding controls to the replayer

** moved to Poker Beginners Hand Discussion **
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi wanderer,

If anything, your preflop raise sizing is too large, I would have made it about 1.75 here personally.

V5 made a huge mistake calling this preflop action, you can rest assured he is losing player and is losing significant money if he is A) seeding his preflop EP opening ranges with so many weak hands, and B) calling 4-bets for over half his stack trying to get lucky.

While our own play sometimes contributes to our loses with premium pairs, in this case you just got the wrong side of variance.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.