PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Suited connectors BB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Suited connectors BB

Hi guys i'm new to the cash game scene and was wondering if i could get a review on how i played these suited connectors. This was the first hand of the table so all these guys were new to me. Thanks

xxx Post moved to appropriate forum xxx

Comment

Call preflop is ok with two villains calling opener, if everyone would fold i suggest you also fold, especially being new to cash games and OOP is always hard to play with 8 high. Flop is kinda 50/50, because we are not drawing to nuts, if J hits, KQ beats us, if villain 1 bets turn, fold. Obviously QJ beat us on the river, but at 2NL villains will pretty often raise here with sets, two pairs etc., that you can call minraise.

Comment

hi xtrey,

I think your call preflop is perfect we are closing the action getting a great price in a multiway pot and these are the spots you want to play suited connectors, being in pos. would be better. but calling here is fine.

on the flop you could either x/call or x/raise here. I think either is ok. in the micro stakes I probably lean to the x/call because I don't think anybody is folding a pair here.

on river I would have re raised for value the other guy is all in so I think we can play a side pot vs the button.

John
        Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't think I play a street differently here.

Nice hand, pity you had to shre it with the BTN though.

Not sure what villain 1 had but what on earth did he fold on the river that could call 35c and not the extra 16c. Little bit weird from him.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.