PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting hands.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting hands.

Hi guys i plan to play full ring 2nl cash games starting tomorrow. I've been flicking through the cash game course on here and it gives a list of starting hands and how to play them, do you guys think that is a pretty fool proof list to go by? I would paste it but it would be a very long post!

Cheers.

Poker is very situational. You need to adjust your own starting hand range depending on what type of opponents are at your table. The starting hand chart is a good guide for beginners but you can never say that I will play this hand in this position, poker just doesn't work like that. Use PokerStove to play around with some different hand ranges. As a general rule of thumb play a tight range in early position and loosen up a little in late position, but again, it all depends on the dynamics of the table you are at. Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.