PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting back on Track!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back on Track!!!

Very new to poker world, though always had an interest, and been playing for close to 5 months now..

It was fast and quick to put the Poker basics in play and have been really seriously playing since last two months only.

It worries me that, though I had intermittent success, my overall ROI is negative and makes me think if there is anything that I am doing is fundamentally wrong!!

I usually play tourneys with not more than $2-$3 buy-ins (usually in top 25% and reached final table couple of times), SNG with 0.50p - 1.50p (Usually finish in top 25%) buyin but majorly $0.5 / $1 cash games (earn in the beginning but tend to loose by the time I leave that table)

Any suggestions, quick tips, traps to look out for which can help me be back on track are much appreciated!!

Insufficient info, give us your stats for both tourney and cash, what is your sample size for games. Cash games - you need to find out where you lose money, position, hands, etc. Whether you call too light or fold too much, etc. It is such complex problem that you cant really tell one answer.
    Post hands on forum, let others look and spot your mistakes.
    If you do not have HUD, have one, HEM2 and Pokertracker both have trial periods.
    I looked into pokerprolabs you have only played about 40 tourneys this year this is very small amount, just grind 2NL cash or 0.25$ tourneys and get some experience and get better.
    Last edited by CrazYJohnnie; Wed Apr 16, 2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Getting back on Track!!!!

Thank You for your reply!!! I am definitely start to discuss my hands more often!!!

Is there a link where I can figure out how to post hands to this forum???

Comment

HERE is a link to the replayer's instructions. Hands at 5NL or below can be posted in the Basic Poker Hand Discussions forum and 10NL or above can be put in the Advanced Cash Game Reviews forum.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank You!!!

Comment

Hi vjgaming, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions. You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE. This month the PSO home games club will be hosting the Spring Fever. Hope to see you there! umbup: Joss
            2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.