PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

river bluff on four straight cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• river bluff on four straight cards

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2474273 DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter CO: $5.00 BTN: $5.00 SB: $5.00 BB: $6.16 Hero (UTG): $5.38 MP: $6.22 Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BTN raises to $0.45, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30 Flop: ($0.97) (2 players) Hero checks, BTN bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60 Turn: ($2.17) (2 players) Hero checks, BTN bets $1.35, Hero calls $1.35 River: ($4.87) : (2 players) Hero bets $2.98 all in, BTN folds
    Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Tue Apr 15, 2014, 03:36 PM.

fold pre
    Last edited by A Beatmaker; Tue Apr 15, 2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Beatmaker View Post
      fold pre
      Roger that

Comment

86s UTG is a tad loose. I would open suited connecting cards as low as 65s+ but not low suited one-gappers. As played I would fold to the 3-bet pre. It looks to me that you like to make high risk plays. I think that this will hurt you in the long run. Are you currently winning at 5NL?

Comment

Hi NaturoSasuki,

I agree with folding preflop. As played, I would prefer betting this flop rather then x/c-ing. We have a weak pair and vulnerable to over cards. I want to cbet this flop to deny worse hands to bluff me because it will be hard for us to continue with a weak one pair hand. If they do not fold the flop we can barrel some turns to get folds from PPs below TP, like JJ/TT/99 or some floats. We can bet diamonds, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. Our river bet does not make too much sense when we bluff we hope for better hands to fold and it would be optimistic to expect AQ to fold to our river bet. What they fold will be their air hands. I think this line will 1. not happen that often, and 2. when it does will not make us money

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.