PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$5NL FR, KK tough spot on the flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5NL FR, KK tough spot on the flop

Sorry this should be in the cash forum. Can someone please move it. Thanks Opps stats: 24/8/1.6/2.6 (138 sample size) Im certain he isnt X/R with air isnt in his arsenal. My first instinct is that he has TPTK or 9T, 9J for the Straight possibilities. 2 pair or a set are also possible but Im more inclined to think he has a pair with a draw to the nuts. I dont see calling as an option so do we go all in or fold?
    Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Sun Apr 13, 2014, 05:54 PM.
    Bracelet Winner

Hi Sle4,

Not sure what hand is a pair with a draw to the nuts here, 77? I don't track with that read, but I think with a low stack to pot ratio vs. a fish it's not too complicated, I would put the money in here. Sometimes he will have a set, but guys playing 24/8 will have enough worse hands to not dissuade me from committing my stack in a bloated pot with a premium overpair.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

*Moved to cash section* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey Lang,

Sorry bout that, what I meant is a hand like J9 or T9 for the straight draw.

I ended going all in since it was going to happen next card anyways.

He turned over 67 for a flopped straight.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Sle4zy_E View Post
          Hey Lang,

Sorry bout that, what I meant is a hand like J9 or T9 for the straight draw.

I ended going all in since it was going to happen next card anyways.

He turned over 67 for a flopped straight.
          Ok, but J9/T9 aren't straight draws.

Meh, bad result but I think you played it fine, I expect him to show up with a lot more than just the nuts here.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Oh lordy, you are certainly right.

Just a lil embarassed here

Guess I should not make these posts while multi tabling
            Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Sun Apr 13, 2014, 10:37 PM.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.