PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL - An odd line from opponent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL - An odd line from opponent

Hey guys, I would like to know your opinion on this hand, particularly about extracting value : I don't have any reads on the players as I never played with them. However the particular player in this hand was a bit lag'ish. Thanks and regards, Shoim

On the flop I am thinking I might be behind (given the check raise) but the price is right to call and re-evaluate the turn.
    From turn I am really excited to let the player act first for trap - but now I think I should've bet for value again.
    I am thinking that, before this hand, I acted aggressively and now my line was not making sense.

Comment

Hey shiom,

preflop I would always prefer 3-betting for isolation and value purposes. AK performs best when you try to maximize your advantages heads-up, although suited AK plays well multiway too. I do think that building a bigger pot and seizing initiative are often too great advantages to not make use of here.

As played I would bet the turn 100% to ensure that the pot is set up for a shove on the river. Villain will usually be quite strong when check/raising a field so we can expect good action and shouldn't try to slowplay I feel.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Hey Felix,

Thank you for the reply, it made me think also about my decision pre-flop, but at the time I 'felt' that keeping both opponents in the pot would be ok, given the suit I held.
        I will definitely not take the same line again, on the turn, except if I have reasons to believe my opponent will get crazy if I signal weakness.

Thanks again,
        See you Wednesday at PS course
        Regards,
        Shoim

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.