PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL zoom QQ- nitty or disciplined?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL zoom QQ- nitty or disciplined?

Can´t really see any hands that he would c-bet there that I´m ahead of..

Depends what you think he might have I guess.

Hands that can be three betting vs an UTG opener (Assuming he isnt a SLAG player) are JJ(I personally wouldnt 3bet JJ without reads here)/QQ/KK/AA/AK. We do terribly against that range. Even allowing for a slightly looser 3bet range of 99+ and AQ+ we are still a equity dog and cards that improve our hand can also improve him to a better hand.

Annoyed but decent fold IMO.

Comment

Excactly my thoughts as villains in zoom tend to respect UTG opens even a bit too much I think.

Comment

I think I would call 1 street. Folding isn't bad but I think the villain will be betting their whole range on that flop. Having said that, this flop pretty much smashes their 3-bet range... at least it should. But you have second pair and a gutter. I would call 1 street and fold to a second barrel if unimproved. Check OTT if checked to.

Comment

Originally posted by dirt eh View Post
          I think I would call 1 street.
          I take it we think we are either ahead or have equity?

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
            I take it we think we are either ahead or have equity?
            I can assume the player is a rec... and I've seen recs 3bet any 2 suited cards. They don't understand 3-betting. They'll 3-bet 54s. I can't give this player a nut-ted hand here.

Comment

Why can't you 3bet 54s? no blockers?

Comment

Preflop is certainly good with position and deeper stacks when you open UTG and get 3-bet from the blinds. I would expect most people to have a strong range here so I don't feel too bad about folding flop. You can however call once with some equity and position if you feel your opponent isn't a good player who might pay you off if you hit or even be aggressive enough to start bluffing here.
                Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.