PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom, AKo OOP, Did I get enough value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom, AKo OOP, Did I get enough value?

Hi, Mid position with AKo facing UTG 3x bet. Is the call pre correct in this position? If I re-raise pre, the BB will probably just call instead of raising. Then if I c/bet the flop the BB would probably call one more street, so I call when the K hits, sure I am ahead. I decide to raise the turn, but should I now be looking to get more value as villain has again lead out? Also should my river bet be nearer $1.20-$1.40?

Hey F1sh,

No reads? I don't mind the initial flat of an UTG open from an unknown, but once the BB makes this silly little 3b and UTG just calls, I think this devalues the strength of his hand and I would lean towards back-raising now to about 1.10.

Flop call is fine, we would seem to be way ahead here facing another tiny bet. Raise much bigger on the turn than minimum, this is where you're leaving value on the table imo. Your river bet should be bigger, yes, and if you raise more on the turn it can be even bigger still on the river.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.