PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Top set on wet Flop, What's my 3bet size?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Top set on wet Flop, What's my 3bet size?

Hi, Think I just got lucky here, villain was semi-bluffing Raised pre KK, hit top set on wet flop, so lead out 1/2 pot, Villain just min raises, could have hit so many of c/range. 1st mistake, I only min raise back, should it be pot size? Villain leads out A on turn with 3 clubs on board. 2nd mistake, I think I should just shove here even if behind as a call is 1/3 my stack?
    Last edited by F1sh4UrCh1p5; Sat Apr 12, 2014, 02:30 AM.

Preflop is fine, bet bigger on the flop - 0,30-35, to price out draws.
    As played, jam turn imo.

Comment

Hi F1sh,

I'm glad you recognized the 1st mistake, because it's a huge one. He's getting 1.45-.20 to call, so 7-1, on any draw. Raise to about $1 here imo and if he calls, shove your last $1.70 on the turn.

2nd mistake... villain is not leading out on the turn, he is betting after you check to him, which is a big difference. The turn looks like a pretty scary card and you check suddenly, he can have a lot of worse hands and turned draws that think they now have the green light to semi-bluff.

Raise more on flop, move all in on the turn. As played, bet turn (don't offer him a free card option) planning to move all in on the river unless it's a 4th club, this might be better to check/call. We shouldn't even face a river decision though here, we should be all in on the turn imo.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.