PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM, QJo IP facing X/S from TAG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL ZOOM, QJo IP facing X/S from TAG

SB: ( $13.08 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 10.7, AF: 3.0, Hands: 419 I don't think this line makes much sense... OTT: Do we call?

Hey dirteh, I think we can fold preflop tbh. Because they are 3betting a wide range they can have hands that dominate us. KJ/KQ, AJ/AQ if they employ a raise or fold game from the SB. We obviously want to defend wider against an aggressive 3bettor but I would give up on QJo, KJo, and call with their suited counterparts or weaker SCs like 98s/T9s.

Gonna be hard for me to make this call OTT. They can do this with very strong hands but seldom pure bluffs or weak TP hands.

Comment

Geo, I'll take that into consideration but WHY WOULD THEY SHOVE? Looks to me like the villain thinks that I floated and now I'm betting air...

I called. Villain had J9. I held.

Comment

Originally posted by geoVARTA View Post
        Hey dirteh, I think we can fold preflop tbh. Because they are 3betting a wide range they can have hands that dominate us. KJ/KQ, AJ/AQ if they employ a raise or fold game from the SB. We obviously want to defend wider against an aggressive 3bettor but I would give up on QJo, KJo, and call with their suited counterparts or weaker SCs like 98s/T9s.

Gonna be hard for me to make this call OTT. They can do this with very strong hands but seldom pure bluffs or weak TP hands.
        You know if your defending 9Ts here whats your play post flop when you hit a draw or completely miss, im just wondering because ive been told that vs a 10% 3bet we shouldn't even flat AQ ip and i was really shocked when he said this as he is crushing a 1knl so you would think he knows what he is talking about.

Well he did add he will flat if he knows how to exploit them post flop but if there to aggro he would 4bet or fold depending on how often there folding

Once there 3bet starts hitting 15% then he was doing all sorts of crazy plays vs them but he was saying around the 10% mark you should just fold.

Anyone care to comment on this? Is anyone making more money calling the 3b than folding?

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.