PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nl5 FR PP + OESD raise turn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nl5 FR PP + OESD raise turn?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $3.67 (VPIP: 13.33, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 45)
    BTN: $5.00 (VPIP: 7.14, PFR: 7.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 28)
    SB: $4.98 (VPIP: 30.88, PFR: 7.35, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 68)
    Hero (BB): $5.85
    UTG: $5.37 (VPIP: 11.59, PFR: 10.13, 3Bet Preflop: 4.12, Hands: 541)
    UTG+1: $5.48 (VPIP: 32.56, PFR: 16.28, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 43)
    MP: $1.82 (VPIP: 8.89, PFR: 7.78, 3Bet Preflop: 2.70, Hands: 90)
    MP+1: $5.10 (VPIP: 14.93, PFR: 5.97, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 68)

(Villain stats were same 150 hands later)

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...315_D6778ABA62

Pre: nitty guy raises BU fish calls SB, i think i should call here rather than 3bet?

Flop: not sure if i can donk,raise or call with OESD ?

Turn: same as flop can i call or raise? is my raise size ok?
    Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Thu Apr 10, 2014, 10:43 PM. Reason: forgot

PF: Calling is ok. SB is super fishy. We can squeeze for value here to see if we get the BTN to fold and play HU vs. fish

OTF: Both X/C and X/R are good options. I prefer X/R.

OTT: X/R here is not good at all. Problem now is that both players are interested in this pot. When we raise ott, only better will call and worse will fold. Sometimes we will fold out better OTT by doing this but we could easily have just done this OTF.

Sizing OTT is also not too good. you're giving the BTN 2.8 to 1 to call and you're leaving yourself an awkward stack to follow up with a river shove if you miss.

What was your plan if you get called and you miss OTR? What was the plan if the BTN jams all in OTT after you raise?

Comment

Originally posted by dirt eh View Post
      PF: Calling is ok. SB is super fishy. We can squeeze for value here to see if we get the BTN to fold and play HU vs. fish

OTF: Both X/C and X/R are good options. I prefer X/R.

OTT: X/R here is not good at all. Problem now is that both players are interested in this pot. When we raise ott, only better will call and worse will fold. Sometimes we will fold out better OTT by doing this but we could easily have just done this OTF.

Sizing OTT is also not too good. you're giving the BTN 2.8 to 1 to call and you're leaving yourself an awkward stack to follow up with a river shove if you miss.

What was your plan if you get called and you miss OTR? What was the plan if the BTN jams all in OTT after you raise?
      yeah i agree with what u said, i was hoping villain would fold here everything but a set, which i dont think he had as the turn bet was a bit small (i block 9J), with a fish to act after i think villain would bet bigger on turn?
      Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Thu Apr 10, 2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Hey UrGetinTaxed,

I think both preflop and flop lines are okay given BU's tight stats though its just 28 hands. If we've seen them raise a with a wide hand then we can squeeze to isolate the weaker opponent in the blind. Against because we are looking at a tight range from the BU I think calling is best because when they bet this flop against two opponents we can expect them to have a TP, overpair, or two overs and a draw in which case I think we don't have fold equity to justify a raise with second pair. We also have some SD value if not against the BU then certainly against the SB. For that same reason, I don't like raising the turn. We really don't accomplish much and we have even less fold equity after the BU bets twice and gets called again from the SB. Okay, I was wrong But I think a call OTT also is much better.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.