PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL2 Zoom, 55 should I shove the river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL2 Zoom, 55 should I shove the river?

Hi, I Bet pre/called, I Bet flop/called by possible Q, I Bet turn/just called with AQ on board River comes another A and villain leads out. From previous streets I put villain on possible A5 or AQ So should I have shoved the river or correct to call?

I would raise/fold OTR. I think we can make it $2.00 and fold to a shove.

Comment

Personally I think I'm just giving the villain all of my money if he has a better full house. I'm putting all the money in here.

He is definitely calling off with any A in his hand, and there are more of those than just the AQ/A5/A2 hands.

Comment

I agree with craig. This is a great river card for us. There are so many players at 5NL that will stack off with trip As in this spot. Moreover, he would often raise the turn hoping you had an A, if he had flopped a set of Qs or 2s.

If the villain had AQ, I would have expected him to bet/raise the flop or turn. A5 is unlikely since you have two of them. A2 is possible, but again, I would have expected more action on the turn once they have made 2p. He will have a better hand some times, but the profit gained by raising all the times you are ahead far out weigh the losses. In spots like this we want to earn maximum profit.

The main question is how much to raise on the river. $2 would be a normal size, but I might consider just moving all in since many Ax hands would call a shove, but may not 3bet all in if we only bet $2. It depends on what we know about the villain. Thus far he has seemed passive which leans me toward just moving all in.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.