PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA

Hi all I just want to see if I have played this hand the best I could or is there some why I could have got some more value I have 42 hads on this V stats are VP:55 PF:0 AG:2.3 FCB:60 Thanks Michael

Well, he's calling your raise with a super wide range. As a rule I don't check back a-high boards as they should be a mandatory cbet whether you have a A or not right? Also there are some draws out there you want to get value from otf, so I would def bet flop, probably a bit bigger than 1/2 pot.

Now on the turn he's probably never folding a decent club so I'd be betting a little larger, 3/4 pot seems about right. Also not folding pair plus draws, so many hands we can extract value from.

River is tricky because of board texture. Hard to see him paying us off with a lot of hands in his range here to a large bet. So i think 1/2 pot is probably the amount I would bet.

As played, I really don't like the turn min raise. It prices in everything that has equity against us. Any club, and pair plus draw, any 5. If he were to hit a card that made his hand and he raised river we would be in a really tricky spot.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

OTF:
      I would bet OTF. There should be enough hands that are willing to continue with a 55 VPIP! OTT we don't want to see a 5 or a 2. These are bad for us and could also be bad for the villain. We also don't really want to see any clubs as they could kill our action.

OTT:
      Turn play is ok I guess. We could raise larger.

OTR:
      River sizing is ok. This bet is now for thin value as 5x beats us and flushes. So we're targeting 2 pair type hands and sets that are being sticky.

Note:
      If the villain flopped a set and/or NFD, then we made a HUGE mistake by checking back this flop because we would have stacked them by getting it all in OTF.

Comment

The tern bet was a miss click I was going to just call

Comment

Originally posted by Michae2005 View Post
          The tern bet was a miss click I was going to just call
          A call OTT is even worse. Don't slow play! This will get you into trouble and you'll get frustrated when you lose with a set of aces!

Comment

Hi Michael,

Preflop looks good. The places to get more value would be the flop and turn here.

Villain checks the flop, and you checked it back... when you have a hand that wants to grow the pot, you have to bet it. Checking keeps the pot small and as you're last, lets a betting round go away with no money going in the middle.

On the turn he makes a weak bet, and you min-raise. This is particularly not good for 2 reasons:

1) Not enough money is going in the pot.

2) If he's got a draw (and draws abound) you have given him a correct price to try and make his hand. He has to call .04c into a pot of .31c so 7.75-1 on his call to see the river!

River bet I think you did about all you can do.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by dirt eh View Post
              A call OTT is even worse. Don't slow play! This will get you into trouble and you'll get frustrated when you lose with a set of aces!
              Or, when you don't lose, only win a tiny pot because you never bet your hand
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.