PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL RUSH, AA OOP vs BTN flop raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL RUSH, AA OOP vs BTN flop raise

Headed over to FTP this morning to practice up for the Bankroll Builder promo starting next week! Just wondering if I should be looking to get all in OTF in these type of spots? I'll be paying off all sets but I guess this doesn't matter in these spots as the villain could have straight/flush draw combos as well as over-pairs and TPTK type hands? Or as played better? Villain(9): 33/22/3.0 I will assume they're a recreational player due to $8.45 starting stack but I don't think this really matters in this spot. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/ saw flop | saw showdown BB ($12.19) UTG ($4) MP ($2.65) CO ($10.27) Button ($8.45) Hero (SB) ($10) Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A 3 folds, Button raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.65, 1 fold, Button calls $0.45 Flop: ($1.40) 5, 10, 8 (2 players) Hero bets $0.77, Button raises to $1.54, Hero calls $0.77 Turn: ($4.48) 3 (2 players) Hero checks, Button bets $2.88, Hero raises to $7.81 (All-In), Button calls $3.38 (All-In) River: ($17) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in) Total pot: $17 | Rake: $0.85 Main pot: $17 between Button and Hero, won by Button Results below:

Button had 6, 5 (two pair, sixes and fives). Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces). Outcome: Button won $16.15[/spoiler]

The raise sizing is a little worrying on the flop. Flush draws should be raising bigger.

It's way too small of a sample size to make any real assumptions, but as played I would be jamming the turn also.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cool, Thanks Paddy... Villains are really bad at FTP so far.

Comment

I've never played on FTP, maybe I should
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Gar View Post
          I've never played on FTP, maybe I should
          Go for it! Just be prepared for people getting it in with 11% equity and binking it! LOL

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/promoti...ild-your-bonus

Comment

Hi dirt,

With typical ranges button v blind, and a guy who is probably opening wide and plays aggressive, I don't mind 3-betting the flop with an eye towards getting it in.

As played I prefer to bet something on the turn instead of going for a check-raise, just don't like giving the free card option there.

Guy got out of line with 3rd pair, so good to note for next time.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.