PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5 Zoom 6max, river spot with a boat. Am I beating anything?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5 Zoom 6max, river spot with a boat. Am I beating anything?

Villain is 33/13 through 33 hands, playing 1 table. I think pre is fine, turn raise I like too on this texture as I can get value from a lot of draws and Ax. The min raise scared the heck out of me. I was thinking of folding on any non diamond/A river but then decided that as villain is probably recreational he could be betting with worse on the river. A8, A6, maybe a straight. Looking back on it I don't think I'm beating any value hand that bets pot (such a strong sign from a loose passive player) on the river. Against a reg I would fold the river and a rec I think a call is ok. Thoughts?
    Bracelet Winner

I think I would jam the rest in OTR. Villain could have a straight, AK, A8, A6, 64... You're beating a ton of hands IMO. You have a full house BvB, I think I would shove this river for value, there's enough out there that we beat. We lose to AA, 88, 66.

Comment

I agree with dirt. Blind vs Blind stack off ranges are usually pretty wide. If villain shows up with 88/66 or AA, I'd count this as a cooler, because I'm shoving the river against anyone but the nittiest of nut-peddlers. FWIW, I'd also raise the flop for value/protection. I'm not giving villain free cards to hit a better two pairs or a flush. (I'd also raise the flop with flush draws, expecting villain to fold anything wore than top pair).
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

ty for the input guys. I called the flop bet as his range is wide opening from the s.b. Risky I know as any club makes life hard. Thought it would be better to raise the turn against his air and get more value that way.

Having said that had I raised the flop it would have made the later decisions much easier. Hindsight ftw.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Paddy,

I like raising the flop here too, but as played I'm comfortable 4betting the turn.

I agree the river sizing is scary, but I think we can't fold a full house (Zeebo is right again ). The villain seems to be a poor recreational player and while we are certainly beat sometimes here, I can see him showing up with A8, A6, AK, 57 in a spot like this so there's enough combos we beat to call here imo.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.