PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TT in big blind against extremly loose player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT in big blind against extremly loose player

played this hand against a player who raised UTG (he had 97/21 after 35 or so played hands) My stats were 21/17
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Sat Apr 05, 2014, 04:58 AM.
    Bracelet Winner

Hi Sle4zy_E

It sort of sucks when you are against AA. The stats sample size is small, but if we take a read that the villain is loose, they can wake up with a premium hand and raise it the same as any rubbish they have.

A note I would take on this hand. The villain didn't go for stacks pre flop and called your 3bet in position which is quite good for them. Probably thinking, "well at least I'm not playing rubbish cards now".
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Apr 05, 2014, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Should I have gotten away from this without getting stacked?

Clearly I should have given more consideration to the idea he could "wake up with a monster hand", but then you also want to get maximum value out of your good hands or what in this case seemed to be the best hand.... where do you find the balance?
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yes I think you can get away from this by betting less, say just over 1/2 pot, flop and turn then give up on the river. Normally you can only get one or two streets of value from a 1 pair hand.

When you bet flop for value think "what worse hands will call"? Also bear in mind what is the next best hand than yours JJ.

I'm quite surprised the villain didn't 4bet with AA at these stakes. So ranging them on JJ/QQ, combo suited paint cards etc..

Comment

I can't see the hand: "No Data Found"

Can you please repost?

Comment

I must have deleted it. I didnt know taking taking it off my hand replayer register would delete it from thread

Forrest, I guess I feel in love with the idea of punishing his incredible loose plays.
            Definitely have got to work on accurately putting an opponent on a range and not let his play in other hands blinds me to every possibility
            Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Sun Apr 06, 2014, 06:13 PM.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ForrestFive View Post
              Normally you can only get one or two streets of value from a 1 pair hand..
              The hand is gone, you can repost please if you wish, but I would offer thoughts based on the answers itt... If the 1 pair we are talking about is a strong 1 pair hand (top pair/good kicker or better) it's quite possible you did nothing wrong, or at least made no serious errors.

To the quote of Forrest above, the key word there is normally. There are a number of factors, some subtle and some not, that can change this. A villain who has voluntarily put money in the pot with 34/35 hands thus far is clearly not normal. We could (should) bolster our read with WTSD and also observed hand strength in showdown, but failing that info I would work under the assumption that this is a good candidate target for 3 streets of value with our strong 1 pair hands. That doesn't mean we'll always be good. The guy's range preflop is crazy wide, so he's going to be the one showing people those freak 2 pair with garbage cards. He's entitled to get his fair share of AA and other premiums. But he's also going to be chasing the gut shots and middle pairs, etc. How loose he pays off the river is where the observations come in, but it's a safe assumption imo that he's not folding top pair if you put a gun to his head, and when he's playing crazy wide that's going to be a lot of top pair combos with medium and bad kickers paying you off at least.
              Last edited by TheLangolier; Mon Apr 07, 2014, 07:30 PM.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

The hand replay seems to be in my browser cache with the #HHnumber so I can request it as an observer.

Comment

^^Looks fine tbh... I might adjust the best sizings a bit but since we 3b pre I don't see a reason not to stack off a strong 1 pair hand here vs. a villain such as this.
                  Head Live Trainer
                  Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Lang.

I think we have the same line of thinking regarding this hand.

Your post did give me allot of ideas on how to gather more info with the HUD.

I never really thought to check WTSD and W$SD, which I should have.
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Sle4zy_E View Post
                      Thanks Lang.

I think we have the same line of thinking regarding this hand.

Your post did give me allot of ideas on how to gather more info with the HUD.

I never really thought to check WTSD and W$SD, which I should have.
                      W$SD won't mean much on this sample, but WTSD might give us some idea how lite he shows down. Physical observation would be even better... if we saw him call down 3 barrels with 3rd pair, that gives us a lot of insight into how many streets our strong top pair hands can get.
                      Head Live Trainer
                      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.