PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nlz top set pot control question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nlz top set pot control question

14/11 wtsd 20 (117 hands) Should I pot control the turn? seems like there's not much worse that can call, the sets that slowplayed the flop and maybe AhTx, JhJx but im not sure.

Your bet OTF is quite small. You are OOP and it's not a dry board.
    All str8- and flushdraws get odds to call. A bigger bet might have saved you a lot of trouble.

OTT you bet smallish again giving all (backdoor-)flushdraws odds. Most worst hands will fold. Potcontrolling at this point is probably good. you have outs against all made hands and you beat all sets so x/c seems right.

Comment

i dont say this a lot, but i actually think that dis is a good river fold as he can haz a lot of :J or A combos or :K or A ofc u could have jam turn easily and easily get called, to save urself trouble

Comment

Hi pray,

I agree on the flop sizing, .35c would set up a pot sized turn shove if he calls.

I think offering a free card on the turn is a mistake. As played c/f river is fine but if we plan our hand better we are all in on the turn and not sweating it.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.