PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kk 2nl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kk 2nl

Hi all I really can’t decide whether I should have given up here. I was tempted to shove over him on the tern. Reads are 39/6/0/AF10 over 19 hands Thanks for the help

Hi Michae2005!

Preflop looks great. We don't have many hands on the villain, but notice how passive he is preflop. This flop connects well with his limp-calling range aside from small pairs. Being so passive preflop, I would expect him to be passive with drawing hands postflop and calling with a flush or striaght draw rather than raising. Since he raised, I give him credit for having a strong hand 2p or better. It may sound nitty, but in this spot, I actually prefer to fold to the flop raise, because it is very likely that we will be facing a new bet on the turn and another on the river. You don't have enough outs to call multiple bets with "just a pair" imo.

If you held the K of diamonds, then I might continue with the hand having the overpair a gutshot straight draw and a possible flush draw. None of these draws are that strong, but all combined should make it profitable. As is, it is none of your outs are clean. So, I would just fold the flop and wait for a better spot. Note: had the villain not been so loose-passive, we might find a different line.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

once u called flop u should have called turn allin also... wasnt that big....if u know wut i mean
      else bet-fold flop

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. The reason I called the flop raise is because the V AF. I felt he was tring to bet me off the pot. I have just been looking over the hands I do have on him and only 1 went to show down and he didn’t bet till the tern when he hit TP

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.