PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*requested by flixx* Toddbets derby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *requested by flixx* Toddbets derby

not sure if derby or derpy

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Thu Mar 20, 2014, 11:44 AM.

Hand 1: great spot to donkbet indeed

Hand 2: fold pre. If it was suited and IP, sure call but you are OOP and offsuit.

hand 3: calling a 4bet with KQ is a recipe for trouble ! Donkbet flop, especially overbetting pot, is a very bad idea imo as he is playing AK, QQ, KK, AA very often and just calls without hesitation as he has no more stack left

Comment

Haha, cool donking thread after this week's class.

^^agree with rkleef's analysis very much!

Dry boards like in hand 1 with you even having some overcard outs are decent spots to try donking out looking strong. 932 rainbow is hard to hit for your villains, so nh,

The other 2 I think are trivial preflop folds and not very good spots do donk out as you mostly won't have a lot of outs when called. So you need to rely on pure folding equity to make it profitable and I think that won't be the case very often as board 2 offers K high plus flushdraw and in the other hand you may have close to no outs at all when called/shoved on.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Originally posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
        Haha, cool donking thread after this week's class.

^^agree with rkleef's analysis very much!

Dry boards like in hand 1 with you even having some overcard outs are decent spots to try donking out looking strong. 932 rainbow is hard to hit for your villains, so nh,

The other 2 I think are trivial preflop folds and not very good spots do donk out as you mostly won't have a lot of outs when called. So you need to rely on pure folding equity to make it profitable and I think that won't be the case very often as board 2 offers K high plus flushdraw and in the other hand you may have close to no outs at all when called/shoved on.
        i wasnt donking to have outs... i was relying purely on folding equity... i will go check check if he calls it....
        *ninja highfive with Todd*

Comment

People at 2NL don't fold much so I wouldn't really try pull off these big bluffs too often. They might feel good, but it's going to be a pretty big -EV play overall in my view, because you've got very little hand equity the times that you get called.

There are much better spots to pick to bluff when you at least have some chances of improving if you're called.

Comment

Originally posted by spand42 View Post
            People at 2NL don't fold much so I wouldn't really try pull off these big bluffs too often. They might feel good, but it's going to be a pretty big -EV play overall in my view, because you've got very little hand equity the times that you get called.

There are much better spots to pick to bluff when you at least have some chances of improving if you're called.
            +1 if your going to bluff do it when his range is wide and you can turn some equity on the turn this is just maniac play here, i was doing stuff like this 6 months ago maybe not donking with air in 4bet pot but i know one thing it cost me money and took the best part of 50k hands to get break even again.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.