PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM 6-max, 3B pot with JJ on the BTN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL ZOOM 6-max, 3B pot with JJ on the BTN

Bet sizing issues or does this hand play itself? Both villains are unknown.

Why is there no reads or stats?

3betting JJ vs a UTG open can be great vs some players and terrible vs others.

As played, I think our sizing is a bit small on such a wet board. This really isn't a 3 street value hand given you 3b the UTG open. We actually are quite far down on our range on this board.

That being said I think I prefer betting the turn to checking because we don't have a diamond in our hand and we can still extract value / protect our equity.

The river just seems insanely thin. Unless Villain_2 is proven to be a complete whale i'd be checking back here. You are almost turning JJ into a bluff because i'd expect QQ to fold. Is that what you are trying to achieve?

Comment

I've played 134,680 hands this year at 10NL ZOOM and I've never seen these guys before. At 10NL I get called by Tx, 99, 88 here vs. recreational players... I guess I shouldn't assume that all unknowns are recreational players.

However I didn't like my sizing in this hand and I would have played it the same way if I sized larger.

Example:
      OTF: bet $1.00
      OTT: bet $2.00
      OTR: shove $6.40 into a $7.90 pot

Maybe it's too thin... who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by dirt eh View Post
        At 10NL I get called by Tx, 99, 88 here vs. recreational players... I guess I shouldn't assume that all unknowns are recreational players.
        I'm not saying you'll never get called by worse. I'm saying it's a -EV play.

Villain also has all set combos in his range that should play the same way.

Comment

Hi dirt,

I can't really add much to what birdayy said I don't think. As played, moving all in on the river is likely to lose significant money readless.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Dave,

Would you BF the river? or check it back?

Comment

Check back.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

This is a very interesting hand to me, thanks for posting. I just have to add that my alarm bells started ringing because the flop hits SB calling range and even more so the turn, so the river bet is not making many hands fold, only favoring hands which are beating us.
                Last edited by mr mendes 20; Thu Mar 20, 2014, 12:42 AM.
                Time Vault Champion 2013

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.