PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to play supernuts? (2NL 6max zoom)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play supernuts? (2NL 6max zoom)

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...118_0A79135B80

Villain unknown because this is zoom

Pre: Tried a fancy 3bet. made it extra big because OOP.

Flop: I bet small on purpose. On a board like this a small bet is often mistaken as being very strong. Smt like trying to induce a call. In fact it was just a semi-bluff with a flushdraw and midpair (and 1 out to the supernuts).

Turn: bingo. Checked to make my flopplay seem like a bet-once action, and trying to induce a bet. So far, plan works perfect.
    I flatcall because I now think he has a pretty good hand that will pay me off nicely on the river.

River: Board pairs which I thought was a really good thing if he just made a boat. I make a valuebet hoping to get a shove...but he just calls with a A-high flush, which is an very disciplined call. (just my luck, I get a monster and am up against the only player in 2NL that thinks...)

In hindside I should have bet the turn, be reraised (no doubt!) and shove. But that's only because he will think he has the nuts. If he doesn't have the A-flush he will not reraise and might even fold if I bet OTR.

Was my play to trick him into shoving OTR bad or was I just unlucky the board paired and he realised in time his hand can be beat ?

Pre is gonna be a bit thin against most UTG openers from OOP, but can be good against recreational players and when you're deeper like you are in that spot.

I like your flop bet as a semibluff and turn check, either going for a check/raise right here to build up a bigger pot or plan for a check/shove OTR. Don't think that betting OTR accomplishes much as villain might just fold his bluffs and a lot of worse hearts maybe. Once you check/call turn your hand looks a lot weaker so in his mind he may valuebet worse flushes and even call off your shove.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.