PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting fancy without need? Repping the A on river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting fancy without need? Repping the A on river

I am in doubt about this hand, should I have bet the turn instead of getting the free card with the draw? With the Ace I have a good spot because it makes sense to bet with the range villain would be putting me on? How about the bet sizes?
    Time Vault Champion 2013

As, played is good to me! I would check OTT. Betting OTT won't accomplish anything as the villain most likely has a weak Kx or underpair like TT-QQ. I think they'll call your bet OTT. I like betting the river here to make TT-QQ and weak Kx to fold.

Comment

Pre I would mostly fold and only call some of the higher pairs, 55 seems a little too weak here against an unknown's 3-bet from the blinds vs CO.

Flop I would not bet as it always seems suspicious when people dont bet the best of cbet boards to me He may also plan to check/call with midpairs a lot here which means you need to go into barrel mode without much equity if you want to succeed making him fold.

That being said I would keep on firing against his midpairs with our picked up equity now. Riverbluff seems fine as his range looks exactly like TT-QQ type hands.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Thank you Felix!
        Time Vault Champion 2013

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.