PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom - AJs - two pair, fold to River raise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom - AJs - two pair, fold to River raise?

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BTN: $3.10 (155 bb) SB: $2.89 (144.5 bb) BB: $2.31 (115.5 bb) UTG: $2.63 (131.5 bb) Hero (MP): $2 (100 bb) CO: $2.63 (131.5 bb) Preflop: Hero is MP with A J UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.06, CO folds, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds Flop: ($0.15) 9 Q J (2 players) Hero checks, BTN checks Turn: ($0.15) A (2 players) Hero bets $0.12, BTN calls $0.12 River: ($0.39) 9 (2 players) Hero bets $0.26, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero folds Results:

$0.91 pot ($0.03 rake) Final Board: 9 Q J A 9 BTN mucked and won $0.88 ($0.44 net) Hero mucked A J and lost (-$0.44 net) [/spoiler] Looking for some feedback on how this hand was played. I can't really think of any hands that he has that I can beat on the river so I folded but now I am second guessing myself. Any feedback you can provide on my line would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Ducttape19!

I prefer to cbet the flop here since you connected and are out of position. Cbetting may win the pot for you and will make your play on the remaining streets easier if you get called. You are beating a lot of drawing hands that will call.

On the river, being readless, I would fold as you did. In general, when a passive player at 2NL calls the early streets then raises the river (or turn) they usually are not bluffing and have a strong hand. There are many trips, boats, straights and better 2p possbile here. However, if you had a read, this could easily become a call. You only to win the showdown about 20% of the time to make calling profitable. There are enough players at 2nl that will overplay Ax or weaker 2p. Without a read though, I would fold.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.