PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KJ open from ep, flop and turn good, what's the best bet sizing here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ open from ep, flop and turn good, what's the best bet sizing here?

Hi Guys, A bit of a loose opening here, I don't do this too often from ep. Cbet flop, get called, turn is great but I somehow bet too small? I am afraid a big turn bet here will make villain think I have a hand like AK, KQ, and is the river bet also too small? Villain does not seem to want to fold his hand (he mucks JJ) so should I bet big on the river? I would expect him to 3bet JJ and not just call so I was thinking he had some small pair.
    Last edited by mr mendes 20; Wed Mar 12, 2014, 05:13 AM.
    Time Vault Champion 2013

Nice hand!

Pre isn't all that loose from MP, for me it's actually a standard open at the majority of tables.

I like your postflop betsizings, although I would probably bet slightly bigger (60c) OTT. But your reasoning seems good given that villain's coldcalling and flop calling range will consist of a lot of small/medium pairs (especially 9x) here.

You might consider checking river as two draws bust out, but I feel like people are less likely to bluff paired boards OTR in general so I would go for value from pairs like 9x which won't bet themselves mostly.
    Last edited by PSO-xflixx; Wed Mar 12, 2014, 10:45 AM.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.