PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom - 88 - Tricky River Spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom - 88 - Tricky River Spot

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BTN: $0.23 (11.5 bb) SB: $2.29 (114.5 bb) BB: $2.09 (104.5 bb) UTG: $0.60 (30 bb) MP: $0.99 (49.5 bb) Hero (CO): $2.15 (107.5 bb) Preflop: Hero is CO with 8 8 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.08 Flop: ($0.29) 3 3 7 (2 players) BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20 Turn: ($0.69) Q (2 players) BB bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36 River: ($1.41) K (2 players) BB checks, Hero checks Results:

$1.41 pot ($0.05 rake) Final Board: 3 3 7 Q K BB showed A K and won $1.36 ($0.66 net) Hero mucked 8 8 and lost (-$0.70 net) [/spoiler] Looking back at this hand I am not please with several things but would like your feedback on the overall as well as specifically the play on the river. Would there have been any any value in bluffing the river when the flush completed? I feel that in looking back I played the hand very much like a flush draw and as such could have easily put in a 1/2 pot bet and folded to any aggression. Thanks for your feedback as always

NH, I think you played it fine. Don't feel like there should be much merit in bluffing the river at these stakes as people usually won't be happy folding a queen or better. You would mostly target 99-JJ with a bluffbet and for that I guess our showdownvalue will be ok enough to take it down without betting here. It would maybe be a decent spot to bluff at higher stakes though - so good that you at least thought about it.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Totally off topic but... How do you get that " click to show hidden text" thingie ?

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.