PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL trip aces vs. full

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL trip aces vs. full

this is the hand: I had a trip and good outs, do you think I risked too much or not? Thx

smartDogo, first I would make sure that you have 100bb to start all hands. With only 50bb to start this hand I would have just folded AJo preflop.

Now, onto the hand. Great looking flop for your hand. OTT this Q of diamonds is actually a really horrible card for you. Villain raised UTG so we can expect him to have a strong range.

Standard UTG open range: 66+,A8s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+ (something like that)
    Now when he check calls this flop we can narrow his range a ton! (KK+,ATs+,AQo+)

Your hand isn't doing great against that range. With your stack size I would fold OTT. If we were deeper I guess we could call... all broadway cards are decent enough for our hand but honestly we're sort of calling here to hit the T of diamonds, so maybe just fold and look for a better spot.

Comment

Hi smartDogo,

I would bet flop bigger. When villain x/cs flop and lead the turn as the PFR, I think this looks like a really strong hand that slow played the flop or got there OTT. KK, QQ, AK, AQ or a Flush. It's a really sticky spot with our stack size. Even with the royal flush draw Even with our stack size I think calling is better than raising all in as its really unlikely we get called by worse and we shut down any bluffs. At best we have 20% equity here and thats a strong argument for folding turn too.

Comment

I fold pre with any stack size above 20bb. (Any less, I shove). AJo plays abysmally in MP vs an UTG open, as you have reverse implied odds and could also get squeezed. (Typically with AJ in this position, you win a small pot, or lose a big one). Don't call raises with trouble hands.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

I understood, thanks for the advices umbup:

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.