PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl zoom TPTK facing a triple barrel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl zoom TPTK facing a triple barrel

17/11 74 hands flop cbet 2/2 turn cbet 1/1 wouldn't rely much on it Is it time to give up on the river? I was concerned as I'm not sure he will triple barrel with QJ here, we beat KJ and that's it. We have to be 24% good here but vs TT+,44-33,AJs,KJs,AJo,KJo we are good 20%, I don't take into account the times we split. (equilab shows 28%, I take KJ - 8 combos out of 39 possible = 0.2)
    Last edited by Praydk; Mon Mar 10, 2014, 10:21 PM.

Checked my database, just fold on the river, without reads.
    Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Mar 10, 2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

This one is tough. I don't see very many players triple barreling for thin value at micro stakes. I think this is a fold OTR. Villain is nitty and I only see them doing this with QQ+ and sets. The only bluffs I see in his range are AQ and AK of spades. I don't see them firing three bullets with QJ or KJ, I often see villains checking back AJ here OTR.

Comment

Hi Praydk

The villain doesn't seem to get out of line looking at his stats. If anything he is a bit passive (preflop at least). When he bets every street (and the sizing), I think we need to give him credit for having a strong hand such as J10, sets and overpairs being most likely. Without having seen the villain bet the river on a missed draw, I prefer to fold a single pair here. As dirt eh says, I don't think we will see JQ or JK too often. Calling as you did up to the river is fine, but I would fold on the river.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.