PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl bet river with second best pair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl bet river with second best pair

some typical russian... wut u think about my river bet? he had

Well played. Good betsizing all the way imo.

Comment

I think betting pot on the flop is a bit excessive, but absolutely fine if you think your opponent is going to call regardless. If you think this is the case, then you should bet bigger than half pot on the turn.

Great river bet - too many people miss out on thin value spots like this. Villain will have some Jx e.g. JT, AJ-QJss, but more often he will have something like KT, QT, T9, 99, 88 that won't bet the river, but might call a bet.

You could check to an aggressive opponent who might bluff his missed flush draw, but in general I think most 2NL villains are too afraid to bluff their missed draws so would just check and give up on the hand.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.