PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max - bet my set 77 and please raise me for my stack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max - bet my set 77 and please raise me for my stack

Hi,

Talked about this before in other HA threads, in flopped set hands, donk betting and hope to get raised. Here is a bit different because the raiser gave up the initiative.

I'm not donk betting 77 from the button on a 5Q7 flop. I'm in position betting the line to see if maybe this huge cash cow actually pays me. And they raised my flop bet...

OK nut draw or sick QQ? Now I 3bet flop, sizing how much? Shoved all-in please pay me?

1) Bad equity against nut draw?
    2) You fool only better calls - no value?
    3) Exceptionally well played and the villain less so?

PS deleted rubbish
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Mar 08, 2014, 08:04 AM. Reason: in HA before said donk lead set to get raised - now bet re-raise

I'm never folding here. You're 80bb deep and you have middle set. Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by dirt eh View Post
      I'm never folding here. You're 80bb deep and you have middle set. Well played.
      Re-player is spewed it's about 97bb pre, called 15c with $4.71 behind. No difference to the caller.

Comment

Doesn't matter... 150bb deep I'm not folding, maybe even 200bb deep depending on V type. Villain will be betting top set on that flop more often than not.

Comment

I think its played pretty well and I wouldnt do anything different.

When he goes for the check raise, he often either has a strong draw, air, top pair (Or some random two pair but that seems unlikely) or a set himself which could be either the 5's or the Q's.

Your so often ahead here that I think stacking off is good.

Comment

I think I like calling more because we are IP and we allow them to bet the turn with their entire x/r-ing range; The board does not have too much that worries us; I mean there are 8 diamonds left in the deck if they have a FD and 4 cards if they have AA/KK so that 12 cards that we don't like which basically means 76% of the time we will see a safe turn card.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.