PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM - Weak2P facing turn DONKshove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL ZOOM - Weak2P facing turn DONKshove

Wondering what our calling range should be here vs a recreational player. OTF: my decision was to call and proceed with caution. OTT: villain DONKshoves... Stack off? or do we need better cards here? Villain(17): 65/35/2.6

looks like he haz 44's ... nothing else... or maybe AQ ....

Comment

Originally posted by NaturoSasuki View Post
      looks like he haz 44's ... nothing else... or maybe AQ ....
      I strongly disagree.

Comment

If he is aggressive, I think I stack off, if not, then I think I fold.

He shouldnt have AA or QQ because he just called pre-flop OOP. He could have AQ, Q9, A9 and shove that on the turn. Could also have 44 or 99. He might do this with flush/straight draws too but that would be quite horrible.

I think if he is an aggro monkey I can think about calling here.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
          He shouldnt have AA or QQ because he just called pre-flop OOP. He could have AQ, Q9, A9 and shove that on the turn. Could also have 44 or 99. He might do this with flush/straight draws too but that would be quite horrible.
          Personally I think shoving here with any hand is quite horrible... LOL why would the villain shove 3 x the pot with AQ, Q9, A9, and sets...

Personally I'm calling this shove with any set, and AQ. A4 is really really close IMO.

Comment

Not folding.

Comment

Against someone with those stats, I think I prefer 3-betting the flop, expecting him to stack off any flush draw or Ax. You can call the flop check-raise if you expect him to barrel with flush draws, but I think I'd be quite happy to end the hand right there on the flop, as there aren't many good turn and river cards for you.
              As played, call turn. His shove is more likely to be desperation move than a value-jam I think.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by dirt eh View Post
                Personally I think shoving here with any hand is quite horrible... LOL why would the villain shove 3 x the pot with AQ, Q9, A9, and sets...
                [/B]
                It is often horrible, of course, but if you think your opponent will call an overbet...why not?

That's read dependent of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
                  Against someone with those stats, I think I prefer 3-betting the flop, expecting him to stack off any flush draw or Ax. You can call the flop check-raise if you expect him to barrel with flush draws, but I think I'd be quite happy to end the hand right there on the flop, as there aren't many good turn and river cards for you.
                  As played, call turn. His shove is more likely to be desperation move than a value-jam I think.
                  I agree with all of what Arty said entirely.

Against someone this maniacy and spewy, I think he'll be willing to GII OTF with all sorts of draws, worse two pair, even some Ax.

As played I share your caution, but against this villain type I'm calling the turn.

Comment

I did call. Villain had A9 of diamonds.

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.