PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM 6-max, AKs flopped Broadway, turn and river descisions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 10NL ZOOM 6-max, AKs flopped Broadway, turn and river descisions

    As played, is this standard? Checking the turn here good? and calling the river? Villain(2k hands):30/22/2.0 Fold vs 3bet: 51

  • #2
    Hi dirt eh

    What an interesting hand. Pre do we see QQ 4bet, what range opens utg then facing a 3bet flat calling? Then x/call your cbet, so I understand the villain may put you on an over set and not x/r, this gives a cheaper showdown.

    Now can we bet turn? I can't see a standard reason, value? So get worse calls when the board pairs, or as a bluff so better folds?

    I'm stuck in the mud with this hand. Going with a turn protection bet and fold to a raise (it can't be quads or a boat)? Hard for me to find the fold button. Unfortunately the villain would probably call a turn bet and not raise (we could have QQ or a bigger boat).

    So on the river if we had bet the turn? Now this is getting complicated so.. I'll stop rambling on now.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Fri Mar 07, 2014, 05:22 AM. Reason: typo could have better

    Comment


    • #3
      First off, well played I feel and a very interesting spot.

      As you seem to have a large sample on villain I would look at his MP open % and his defense vs 3-bets there calling, it helps you eliminate big portions of hands from most peoples ranges and conclude the optimal line here.

      As a default I would bet turn and be happy to get it in, we are only dead to a couple of combos here BUT if those are the kind of combos villain is most likely to defend here passively pre your line could very well be superior.
      Live Trainer



      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
        MP open % and his defense vs 3-bets there calling
        Villain opened UTG.

        EP OPEN: 20
        EP Call 3Bet: 71 (14 samples)
        EP Fold to 3Bet: 29 (14 samples)

        He's continuing with 14.2 percent of his range!

        I also have some extra notes on the villain.
        Flop notes:
        folds to cbet on Ace high flops (19/21) 90%
        folds to cbet on wet flops (30/44) 68%

        I'm not sure about my river call because I feel like the villain is always showing up with a boat here and we're sometimes splitting. That's why I was asking if this river call is standard. I mean, he could have KK... I don't know. I checked with the turn with a "Royal Gutshot" but maybe I should be betting this? I would have obviously bet again if the board didn't pair.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dirt eh View Post
          Villain opened UTG.

          EP OPEN: 20
          EP Call 3Bet: 71 (14 samples)
          EP Fold to 3Bet: 29 (14 samples)

          He's continuing with 14.2 percent of his range!

          I also have some extra notes on the villain.
          Flop notes:
          folds to cbet on Ace high flops (19/21) 90%
          folds to cbet on wet flops (30/44) 68%

          I'm not sure about my river call because I feel like the villain is always showing up with a boat here and we're sometimes splitting. That's why I was asking if this river call is standard. I mean, he could have KK... I don't know. I checked with the turn with a "Royal Gutshot" but maybe I should be betting this? I would have obviously bet again if the board didn't pair.
          Over bet the flop and blast the turn and river he is calling with tons of stuff.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mike2198 View Post
            Over bet the flop and blast the turn and river he is calling with tons of stuff.
            What do you expect the villain to be XC my cbet with here??? I give him: TT+, QJ, JT. He'll be XR AK.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dirt eh View Post
              What do you expect the villain to be XC my cbet with here??? I give him: TT+, QJ, JT. He'll be XR AK.
              I thought you was playing some 60vpip fish, but i just seen your top post and he looks more laggy than a fish, so now im more inclined to bet a standard size but he is calling with a wide range pre he will be calling with any pair, you cant tell me he flats that wide of a range to fold a pair and a gutter.

              Think i might bet fold the turn now though unless he would raise trip queens.

              What do you think about villain flatting the flop with bottom set? Im not sure whats the best play as the preflop caller with a set on this type of flop, i don't see how we can only raise the flopped nuts and thats it.
              Last edited by mike2198; Sat Mar 08, 2014, 08:09 PM.

              Comment

              Working...
              X

              X Cookies Information

              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.