PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM 6-max, stacking off with AKo vs. BTN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL ZOOM 6-max, stacking off with AKo vs. BTN

If this a +EV spot to be stacking off with AKo? Should I have 5bet shoved here? Or as played ok? Villain is a regular (902 hands) 17/16/2.3 BTN VPIP: 27 4B Range: 5 over 25 samples Insider information... TOT 3BET: 7.8 TOT 3BET vs. HERO: 16.0 TOT 4BET vs. HERO: 1 out of 4

The question I would ask myself here is am I creating a favorable situation for myself 5-betting so small OOP against this villain?

As played you are getting around 1:1.6 on the call (if I calculated correctly) and would hence need > 37% equity to be +EV with it. Against a range of {QQ+,AK} or even {KK+,AK} that would be the case. So if you believe villain will only move in with KK/AA you could fold, but I don't believe that will practically be the case often unless villain is really tight here on a big sample.

So in case you were certain that for instance villain would be calling your 5-bet with worse or shoving one of the ranges above every time your line may be good. If it lets you unsure of whether you need to fold or call here I would probably choose a different path of shoving yourself, calling or even folding vs his 4-bet.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Just shove.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.