PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom - AJs - flop all-in with top pair and flush draw...good idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom - AJs - flop all-in with top pair and flush draw...good idea?

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BTN: $3.28 (164 bb) SB: $3.28 (164 bb) BB: $1.46 (73 bb) UTG+1: $13.77 (688.5 bb) Hero (UTG+2): $2.14 (107 bb) MP1: $1.87 (93.5 bb) MP2: $3.80 (190 bb) MP3: $1.97 (98.5 bb) CO: $2 (100 bb) Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J A UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, 3 folds, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds Flop: ($0.21) 3 A 6 (3 players) Hero bets $0.14, MP1 raises to $0.28, BTN calls $0.28, Hero raises to $2.08 and is all-in, MP1 calls $1.53 and is all-in, BTN calls $1.80 Turn: ($6.18) 5 (3 players, 2 are all-in) River: ($6.18) 4 (3 players, 2 are all-in) Results:

$6.18 pot ($0.22 rake) Final Board: 3 A 6 5 4 BTN showed 6 6 and won $5.96 ($3.82 net) Hero showed J A and lost (-$2.14 net) MP1 showed 6 A and lost (-$1.87 net) [/spoiler] Looking for some feedback here. I felt that this was a good position to try and get a big bet in to try and get lucky or even hope to be up against a weaker aces or worse flush draw. I don't hate the way this hand was played but am looking for advice or other opinions on how this could have been played differently. Thanks for your help as always.

Hi Ducttape,

It's not terrible shoving here, as we are always drawing live, but I don't think we can expect to be getting stacks in vs. worse aces without some read that the villains are ginormous fish. The click back min-raise can be a fish-tell of a big hand, and the button cold calling should bring concern as well. That being said, I don't mind getting it in here vs. 2 villains. The made hands that stack off the flop should all be ahead, but the potential to catch one of them (particularly the button) with a dominated draw compensates for this to an extent. Calling is a better option deeper stacked imo, but here I don't care for it as much... there'd be about $1 in the pot and the button with only a pot sized bet left roughly, makes for an awkward turn spot on non-favorable turn cards.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

**moved to more appropriate forum since this is a cash hand JWK24**
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.