PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25nl Deep - Awkward spot w/ decent 2 pair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25nl Deep - Awkward spot w/ decent 2 pair

Stats VPIP: 58, PFR: 34, 3B: 22, AF: 4.4, Hands: 38 Random fish limped the btn so think it's a pretty standard check pre. Since he tended to be pretty aggro i opted for a x/r since I don't really need to worry about balance on such a dry board vs this guy. He 3bets the flop and i'm not that keen on getting 200bb in on this flop with 2 pair so I flatted. Turn standard call. River: puke. Call or fold?

He only limped but seems to be aggressive, thus I would discount small pairs OTF, however I would keep AK,KK,AA in because he is fish.

What are his WTSD and W$SD?
    Last edited by braveslice; Mon Mar 03, 2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by braveslice View Post
      What are his WTSD and W$SD?
      It's 38 hands...

WTSD is 10 and WWSF is 20

Comment

Hi birdayy,

I think we are too strong to fold to such a player. Since he's an aggro-fish, it seems like he would open the button with most hands that beat us, not limp. KK/99/77. K9 is the largest concern here, but he may even raise the button with at least some of those combos as well.

97 otoh, is a classic case holding for a villain such as this to limp the button, then lose his mind post flop. As well as T8, 86, JT, and some stupid 74's.

I'm content to call and not losing sleep over it if he shows us a better hand this time.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

He only limped but seems to be aggressive, thus I would discount small pairs OTF, however I would keep AK,KK,AA in because he is fish.
          He's much more likely to limp small pairs than KK+/AK... in fact he's so aggro he might raise all of them on the button pre, and I would completely rule out KK+/AK. If it's the 1 day this year he's decided to be tricky with aces, that's an additional argument to call (there are 6 combos of AA, 8 of AK, and only 1 of KK, so vs. this subset of hands we are a 14-1 favorite to win).
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well I was thinking this villain will open small pairs from UTG, but because he only limped button he is pre either really strong or really weak.

Agro fish love playing buttons tricky so I would say the chances for good hand pre are there, obviously not that high than for bad hands.

At NL5 6m zoom button limped with AA 26 times, and raised first in 132 times, unfortunately I don't know how to separate this result further. Given that most hands I have against regulars who don't limp AA, I would say limping by fish with AA is somewhat regular event (at least in 5NL). But I think saying he would just limp AK is probably wrong and KK is not that likely than AA.
            Last edited by braveslice; Mon Mar 03, 2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Agro fish love playing buttons tricky so I would say the chances for good hand pre are there, obviously not that high than for bad hands.
              If you feel like he may be slow paying premium's preflop, then this is more of a fist-pump/call rather than a meh/call imo, so either way....
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I agree, I would call.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.