PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Biggest Leak that I have trouble with - 25nl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Biggest Leak that I have trouble with - 25nl

Hello. This is one of the Biggest leaks i know I have and trying my best to get better with it but i know i struggle with it which is playing hands from the Blinds. A little history in this up coming hand i have posted below.

UTG raiser is a Nit. 10/8 over 250ish hands. Button 3 bets. Tag player playing 22/19 over 250ish hands with a 3 bet% of 19. Should I be folding this hand? Squeezing? Jaming the flop or turn? I honestly am almost clueless when coming into these situations and need to work on it i know.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...326_A55EF0D92B

Any input?

PREFLOP: I would fold preflop. You're OOP with AQo and the BTN is 3betting a UTG open.

As played you should CHECK FOLD OTF! No reason to float this cbet OOP with only runner runner spades to make your hand.

Comment

Hi Taunto,

Firstly I will disregard the TAG's 3B stat, it looks like a typo of the PFR.

For me this is a spot I fold preflop without a second thought. AQ is a nice starting hand but a nit's UTG opening range is strong, and a TAG 3-betting this strong range is also very strong, and we are out of position to both. AQ is one of the better starting hands in hold'em, but it plays terribly against a very strong range out of position, and even worse against 2 of them if the nit doesn't fold. The profit you make from AQ doesn't come from putting money in the pot in spots like this, it comes in part from not giving up value in spots like this and instead taking on weaker ranges and dominated hands.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ty for the quick replies. I had a feeling to fold Pre-flop to be honest. I guess i need more discipline on folding these type of hands in these spots. The first step is recognizing the leak i guess lol.

Could i have made a play by squeezing to say 1.5- more and folding if either 1 comes over the top?

Comment

Originally posted by Taunto_88 View Post
          Could i have made a play by squeezing to say 1.5- more and folding if either 1 comes over the top?
          You can do anything you want, it's your money.

By making a play I think you mean basically bluff or turn this into a bluff, but I think we should be bluffing weakness generally, not strength, and both villains have shown sufficient strength for me to not favor the play tbh.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Okay good to know. Thank you Dave

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.