PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ: Would You Call This a Cooler?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ: Would You Call This a Cooler?

Only 10 hands on villain (40/40) The fact he 4bets me obviously announces a lot of strength, but it's BvB so...

I'll probably be accused of being a nit, but, I think we can fold to the turn shove.

While it could be a light 4bet BvB, he continues on flop, and shoves turn. 99/TT/QQ/KK/AA are all beating us, we tie with JJ of course but that is just so unlikely.

Unless we have reason to think he takes this line with a total bluff or is value betting a worse hand (Seems quite unlikely) then I am folding and not feeling ashamed about the fact. If he bluffed, nh.

Comment

I would call this a FOLD. Only hand that we're beating here is AK of clubs and AK of club has a ton of outs against us. If we give the villain all the OPs JJ+, we're CRUSHED!

Comment

If you're going to call a turn shove why not shove the flop?

Comment

Hi Carl,

I would not call this a cooler, as was said we can and should fold this turn. Regardless of this being in the blinds, the villain has shown massive strength, and we are beating literally none of his value range. In order for calling off here to be profitable he has to be out of line with bluffs a significant % of the time. I don't expect AK to be shoving the turn after all the resistance we've shown and the top flop card pairing.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.