PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom AQo from CO disaster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom AQo from CO disaster

Looking for some feedback on this hand...specifically with the following actions:
    • What do you think of the flop c-bet?
    • What do you think of the river raise?
    • Can I fold when BB shoves the river?
    If you have any other feedback on this hand, please let me know... Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BTN: $0.71 (35.5 bb) SB: $2.90 (145 bb) BB: $6.33 (316.5 bb) UTG: $1.18 (59 bb) MP: $3.95 (197.5 bb) Hero (CO): $3.89 (194.5 bb) Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A UTG folds, MP raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.14, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12, MP calls $0.10 Flop: ($0.43) T 9 3 (3 players) BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22, MP calls $0.22 Turn: ($1.09) J (3 players) BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks River: ($1.09) K (3 players) BB checks, MP bets $0.52, Hero raises to $1.26, BB raises to $5.97 and is all-in, MP folds, Hero calls $2.27 and is all-in Results:

$8.67 pot ($0.30 rake) Final Board: T 9 3 J K BB showed A Q and won $8.37 ($4.48 net) MP mucked and lost (-$0.88 net) Hero mucked Q A and lost (-$3.89 net) [/spoiler]

Hey ducttape,

I like 3-betting preflop for value against a minopen, people tend to open wide ranges with it and at these stakes call a lot of worse even OOP.

To answer your questions:

1. Don't like c-betting on this texture against 2 callers. This board hits typical calling ranges because it connects so well with both suited connectors and broadways, you got to get it through 2 and when called you usually don't have many good cards to come that improve your hand or equity much.

2. I like the river raise as you can get calls from all Qx and you are deep enough to make a raise/fold decision

3. Against that strong of a play I think we should definitely fold. People still need to be afraid of both AQ and flushes so the only hands I see shoving here will be mostly flushes.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the solid advice, I will keep this in mind, especially the c-bet advice

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.