PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maximize value with AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximize value with AA

Hi guys, I normally do not play cash and still make a lot of beginners' mistakes. Like here: Did I give it away with the smallish 4-bet? Should I have shoved? It's Zoom, thus no reads. Olaf PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/ Button ($5) SB ($5.06) BB ($4.51) Hero (UTG) ($8.10) MP ($10.56) CO ($3.89) Preflop: Hero is UTG with , Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, CO calls $0.15, Button raises to $0.70, 1 fold, BB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $1.84, 1 fold, Button calls $1.14, 1 fold Flop: ($4.55) , , (2 players) Hero bets $1.90, 1 fold Total pot: $4.55 | Rake: $0.19 Results below: Hero didn't show , .

Hi PMBG73PA!

With AA in a multiway pot, raising every chance you get preflop is perfect. However, here the btn 3b AND the BB calls. Because of the caller, I think you can make a larger 4b. All in would keep things simple and have a good chance of getting at least one caller. You could also bet about $2.25. This should commit anyone calling to the pot.

Secondly, as played, the flop is paired and low. It is unlikely to have helped the villain and pretty safe for you. This might be a good spot to check giving the villain a chance to bet with his whole range including hands like AK that might fold if you bet.

Notes on the players would help determine how likely they would call a 4b jam preflop. Getting reads and taking notes is important on Zoom. It just takes a bit longer to get notes on the larger player pool.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.