PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10SH - facing river barrel TPTK BB vs BU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10SH - facing river barrel TPTK BB vs BU

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. Hero (BTN): $11.83 (118.3 bb) SB: $10.52 (105.2 bb) BB: $7.91 (79.1 bb) MP: $12.18 (121.8 bb) CO: $10.32 (103.2 bb) Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q A 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $0.80, BB folds, Hero calls $0.60 Flop: ($1.70) T J Q (2 players) SB bets $1, Hero calls $1 Turn: ($3.70) 4 (2 players) SB bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90 River: ($7.50) 5 (2 players) SB bets $6.82 and is all-in, Hero folds Results:

$7.50 pot ($0.34 rake) Final Board: T J Q 4 5 Hero mucked Q A and lost (-$3.70 net) SB mucked and won $7.16 ($3.46 net) [/spoiler] Villan is 26/23 with a resteal of 25% in the SB over 238 hands. I think his range will be polarized but value heavy, so given bet sizing I fold. On the one hand he could have AK, TT, JJ, QQ and QJ but he can also have missed flush draws, I dont think he has to bet a missed straight draw with a king unless he has KT and maybe KJ and is turning his hand into a bluff, maybe K8s-.
    Last edited by pockettones; Sun Mar 02, 2014, 01:56 AM.

You forgot to post your hand?

Comment

Marking as evaluated, please re-request evaluation when you reply to this thread to post the hand.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

whoopsies lol.

Comment

Pretty standard spot to 4b for value.

Comment

If villain 3-bets that wide (check for # of spots on the 25%, could just be a couple which may make it seem more than it actually may converge to), I like both flatting > 4-betting as an option. Depends on how confident you are in your postflop decision making against a wider range and his possible postflop aggression.

Generally I like how you played it and I think folding river is fine as even on a wider range he can be producing and shoving a lot of different better hand types OTR (98s, JTs, QTs, TT+, AK, some BDFs).
            Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.