PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10SH - Set+bdoor nutflush +gutshot str8 against turn reraise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10SH - Set+bdoor nutflush +gutshot str8 against turn reraise

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. UTG: $13.12 (131.2 bb) MP: $21.15 (211.5 bb) CO: $10.92 (109.2 bb) BTN: $4.46 (44.6 bb) SB: $14.74 (147.4 bb) Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb) Preflop: Hero is BB with K K UTG folds, MP raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1, MP calls $0.70 Flop: ($2.05) A K T (2 players) Hero bets $1.30, MP calls $1.30 Turn: ($4.65) 6 (2 players) Hero bets $2.50, MP raises to $5.90, Hero raises to $7.70 and is all-in, MP calls $1.80 River: ($20.05) J (2 players, 1 is all-in) Results:

$20.05 pot ($0.90 rake) Final Board: A K T 6 J MP showed 7 5 and won $19.15 ($9.15 net) Hero showed K K and lost (-$10 net) [/spoiler] Given pot odds and my hand I have to get my money in against a reraise right?

NEVER FOLDING HERE. Get it it! I would hope that this villain had at least QJ of spades. If not make sure you write a note on them.

Board: A:spade:K:diamond:T:spade: 6:spade:
           Equity     Win     Tie
    MP3    34.90%  34.90%   0.00% { AA, TT, AKs, ATs, QJs }
    BB     65.10%  65.10%   0.00% { KhKs }
    Last edited by dirt eh; Sat Mar 01, 2014, 03:09 AM.

Comment

I think dirt eh is onto the right idea, although I don't agree with his ranging.

If villain had a hand like AT or AK or TT, or even QJ I think a lot of villains would fastplay this on such a wet flop, although some people do get slowplay happy. Therefore I think his hand is more weighted towards draws than nut hands, but you might have reads to the contrary.

What flushes could villain have? It would have to be something like QJss, J9ss, T9ss, 98ss, 87ss. Against this purely value range, you have 37.5% equity on the turn. If had actually shoved instead of raising not quite all in, which is basically the same thing, you only need to win 29.6% of the time to break even, so your turn play is fine.

Of course the times that villain might have slowplayed something like AK or TT and is now lashing out, this only boosts your equity way up which makes it even more of a call.

Comment

Originally posted by spand42 View Post
        I think dirt eh is onto the right idea, although I don't agree with his ranging.
        Hi spand42, yes I total agree with you. I only gave the villain top RANGE hands to show that it's still a profitable get it in situation?

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.