PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL ZOOM - OOP 2ND NF on 22649

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL ZOOM - OOP 2ND NF on 22649

Hand re-player includes rake in the main pot... Did I butcher this hand or what? I initially thought that a check call line would be better vs. this opponent and then I decided to lead the river. River bet was exactly 1/2 pot without the rake. Was I asking for a raise here? I've never seen this opponent make a raise OTR and he's only bet the river with top 2, boats, and the odd overpair but I've also seen him check overpairs IP. Villain(299): 25/17/1.5 Notes OTT: plays passively +28% stronger than average

Think we got 2 options here.

x/raise turn to $4 & shove river (what I would personally do), or x/c turn and x/r/fold river.

Comment

Hi dirt eh!

My biggest concern here is preflop. You are facing an ep raise and have a questionable hand in the sb. K10s risks getting dominated by a large part of the villain's range. Moreover, you won't be drawing to the nut flush and your straight draws are limited by the two card gap. I think folding preflop will be best.

Since the board pairs on the flop and you don't have the nut flush, I prefer check-calling the flop and turn and river. We are primarily getting value from overpairs. Check-raising the river might be profitable if we expect overpairs or worse flushes to call. I don't think the nut flush is folding to us often here.

As played, and with your notes, I like folding to the river raise.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.