PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bad play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad play?

i wanted him to call with worse hand:p but he gots nutz

Hi naturoSasuki,

At 2NL, I would only raise preflop if I expect to get at least one limper to fold, isolating the original limper for example. Without reads, I would often just take the free flop. If we expect to get two calls here, we are building pot against two villains who both have positon on us making for tough postflop play. Raising or flatting can both be profitable though.

On the flop, you have tp and said you"wanted him to call with worse". That sounds like a good plan, however, you bet nearly potsized. This increases the likelyhood of worse hands folding and only better hands continuing. I would bet for value, but a bit smaller, about 70% of the pot. The same is true on the turn. You have two pair. A smaller bet, again about 70% pot will keep you from getting value owned and allow you to fold to a raise. As played, the villain's line looks strong. He might do this with AK spades, but I think we are going to see sets and straights here quite often. A read on the villain would help define his range.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.