PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 nl fr river decision tptk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 nl fr river decision tptk

I was playing on my phone at work so no real reads. Should I have been wary on the river. Is it a blocking bet or does he want the call. How was my bet sizing?

Hi Tony,

It's not a blocking bet... a blocking bet is one intended to prevent facing an even bigger bet had the player checked. In this case it's not necessary, he's last to act and can just check and show down. So it seems clear to me he wants to get called.

That being said I think we should call this crazy small sizing. Maybe he was slowplaying 88 or 44 and is trying to get paid, but I can see villains doing this with AT/A9 or something like that too, so for this price I think we have an easy call.

Even better, would be to simply put him all in (instead of check/call), as I would expect a weak player at these stakes to call us down for the rest with those same Ax hands.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Whats the play on the river if you was playing a decent reg there?

I could see then just folding weaker Ax and if we did fire the river anyway what bluffs can we represent on that river, i would just fold AQ and wouldn't be super happy with even AK.

If i was the guy calling the bets i mean.
      Last edited by mike2198; Thu Feb 27, 2014, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.