PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL ZOOM 6max. Top 2 pair facing 2bet OTR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL ZOOM 6max. Top 2 pair facing 2bet OTR

can we ever fold this given the price? Need 20% to breakeven. Villain is an unknown with 3 hands on him only.. Only losing to TJ/44(which might have raised OTF itself) which I believe most villain would be raising turn with? So not really sure what why did he 2BAI OTR with, considering there is next to zero fold equity. But if we are even thinking about folding top 2 which is top of our range here, it's not bad of a line after all to shove all his busted draws? Are villains at 25NL capable such leveling thinking?
    Last edited by MaTaKazer; Wed Feb 26, 2014, 12:58 PM.

Given that he limp/called pre he may be the type of player to have some weird two pair combos in his range OTR, but its questionable whether he shoves those as he must fear your strength of barreling on such a good board for you with big sizings.

I guess in general an average Zoom player's range in that spot should be somewhat skewed heavily towards JT and some sets (especially slowplayed KK/QQ maybe although we block that, but in Zoom poeple love limping those OTB). I would make the decision between making a close call and a tough fold up to my general impression of him and probably be inclined to fold.

Best is to stove these spots and put some realistic combos of hands you beat in there as well as all the combos I mentioned and see if you can realistically get to the required equity.
    Live Trainer

Comment

I think there's enough equity to make this call. I also think larger bet sizing would have helped a lot in this hand. OTF: I would lean towards $2.00 OTT: We pick up TOP 2 Pair, $4.75 - $5.00 (if villain raises he we can shove or fold) OTR: We can put the villain in with a PSB Makes life easy! If villain shows up with JT or a set then good for him. umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.